Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful for part 2

This is a weird year. Scott Drew and I are in California (and today it feels and looks like Kansas). Our family is in Kansas and according to them it is cold but the sun is shining. It is just the three of us. If we were home we would be rushing between Kansas City for an early dinner and then back to Topeka for a late one. What are we doing? I am on the computer. The turkey is in the oven. Scott is playing Xbox and Drew is watching cartoons. I have been perusing sales on line in between getting enough food for an army ready for the 3 of us.

I think back to holidays past at my Dad's cousin Kay's house. The hustle and bustle. ALL the relatives. The insane amount of food. As time as passed our giant family times at the farm have faded away as have the amount of family still with us. Thanks to all of them for instilling a sense of family in me that in the future I hope to pass on. I look forward to future years when we will all be together under one roof to share the feast of giving thanks for all that we have.

I am thankful for a husband who provides so I can stay home with Drew and provide a stable routine for him. I am thankful for my oldest son, the one I have been to hell and back with before Scott came into our lives. I am thankful for Drew,who helps me to stop and remember it is the small things in life that truly count. I am thankful for my sister, who gives me the reality check I need sometimes. I am thankful for the love and support of my dad. I am thankful for Andrea loving my dad. I am thankful for Steve for loving my sister. I am thankful for Mary Lou for raising such a wonderful son, who has turned out to be my best friend.

I am thankful for friends who are always there. I am thankful for everyone who gives of their time and talents in all areas. I am thankful to the men and women who are in harms way to keep us safe so we can share this time with our families. I am thankful for their families who sacrifice so I can be safe.

I am thankful I can help my youngest son understand the meaning of giving by donating to organizations to help those less fortunate. I am thankful for the teachers who gave me knowledge, courage, passion and a sense of who I am today.

This one may sound funny. I am thankful for the technology that has allowed me to contact old friends. It is nice to have them back in my life.

may you have a day filled with all the Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust the world has to offer.

C

No comments: